Plan a Field Trip
The Greater Astoria Historical Society offers a variety of educational experiences for students of all ages. From Steinway Pianos and 200 year old millstones, to art galleries and waterfront parks, there are many ways your class can enjoy learning about history.
School group rates are available by special appointment.
To qualify for the school group rate, you must reserve for a minimum of 10 students and be associated with an educational organization.
- Long Island City is comprised of neighborhoods, each with a distinctive uniquely character.
- Old Astoria Village: the first community In western Queens.
- The Steinway Settlement: a community built by Steinway Piano
- Hunters Point: The heart of Long Island City
- Sunnyside Garden s- Mathews Flats: a model planned community and model housing
- Hell Gate: Astoria Park, the Hell Gate and Triboro Bridges
- Ravenswood Arts District: Socrates, Noguchi, Welling Court Murals.
- Dutch Kills / Queens Plaza: from tide mills to skyscapers
- Long Island City: a tour of the arts