A membership card to the Greater Astoria Historical Society is a passport to a year of historical journey to our community’s history. Members receive free admission to the monthly lectures and opportunities to participate in additional activities of the Society.
A growing number of people enjoy numerous discounts and other benefits from our membership while discovering the rich history of Long Island City and its neighborhoods
Your member also supports our mission to discover and sustain our local history. By encouraging a greater awareness of our heritage, the Greater Astoria Historical Society hopes to develop a better appreciation of the issues and topics facing our community today.
- Your membership dues support:
- School programs for youth and tomorrow’s future
- Exhibits of topical and community interest
- Acquire and display collections for exhibits on community life
- Expand research materials to help both scholars and students discover our community
- Support the historical society’s NYC Landmarks Designation Program
- Publish books and furnish historic themed bylines in Queens weeklies
- Make community images available to commercial and scholarly projects
- Support lectures and other programs for our community.
The Greater Astoria Historical Society is a non-profit, 501(c) (3) organization.