Forgotten NY Tours 2017
Wed Mar 1 2017
9th Year of FNY Tours
All meet at noon except SI. Schedule is tentative!
1. Sun. April 23 Downtown Taverns Old Town, Petes’, Lions Head, Chumleys, Marie’s Crisis. Finish at Pete’s or Old town so we should start in the Village and work north.
2. Sun May 14 Mid-Astoria. Meet at Astoria Park and work SE, and finish at Greater Astoria Historical Society. Michael’s Diner for lunch.
3. Sun. June 4. Downtown Rock sites— Max’s, Peppermint Lounge, Mudd Club etc. Meet at Madison Sq. Lunch @ to be determined.
4. Sun. June 18. Bay Ridge film sites. I originally thought of Saturday Night Fever sites, but those are spread out; I’d have to find some within a 20 block radius. If not: Brooklyn Queens Boro Line walk in Bushwick-Ridgewood. Lunch to be determined.
5. Sun. July 9. Bowling Green-Battery Park. Meet at Staten Island Ferry terminal. Lunch at George’s on Greenwich Street
6. Sun. July 30. Nikola Tesla/midtown. Midtown tour, meet Bryant Park, 6th and 40th, with emphasis on Tesla sites. Finish for lunch at Tic Toc Diner in the New Yorker Hotel.
7. Sun. August 13. Spuyten Duyvil, Bronx. Meet at 225th St #1 station. Lunch TBD
8. Sun. August 27. Yorkville/Little Hungary. Meet outside new 2nd Ave subway at 86th Street. Lunch TBD
9. Sun. Sept. 17. Sunset Park. Meet outside subway at 4th Ave and 36 st. Lunch TBD.
10. Sun. Oct 8. Kreischerville, Staten Island. Meet at Staten Island Ferry Terminal at 10AM and any SI people in the SI terminal. Bus to Arthur Kill and Sharrotts Road. Lunch at Killmeyers which is on the tour.
11. Sun. Oct. 29. Greenwood Cemetery or Evergreens Cemetery
Additional tours for Janes Walk/MAS may be added.
Please check back as the schedule gets firmed up!